VIC: 12th Annual Torquay Rotary Motor Show – Sunday, 10 February 2019, The Esplanade, Torquay
February 10, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This Event is held on the Torquay Foreshore on open space parkland situated on The Esplanade between Zeally Bay Road and Anderson Street, Torquay. This area is known as Elephant Walk which is the home of the monthly Cowrie Market
With over 400 cars on display and some 6,000 in attendance, our 2018 Show broke all previous records and provided the Rotary Club of Torquay with over $20,000 to fund Local, National and International Rotary Projects for which we are most grateful.
A large contingent of Corvettes and their owners from across the state have already committed to the 2019 Torquay Rotary Motor Show and they will be encouraged with the introduction of a feature Class for the Corvette marque.
Consistent growth of entries in the Class for “Unrestored” vehicles in recent years has also encouraged the judging team to add additional classes for Unrestored Cars to cater for not just the older Barn Find/Oily Rag vehicles, but also pre-1990 vehicles that have not had restoration work performed on them.
2019 will also see the introduction of a Prepaid Entry ticketing facility to enable faster processing of entrants and vehicles as they arrive at the Show.
The diversity of the more 400 incredibly unique Motor Cars and Motor Cycles from all ages being displayed on the spectacular Torquay foreshore, with the Beach on one side and the retail precinct on the other, are the ingredients which continue to make this show popular with families and spectators of all ages.
You are invited to come and get up close and personal with these stunning vehicles. You will be in awe of the craftsmanship that has gone into both the original design & the manufacture of these much-loved vehicles and the restoration skills of the passionate owners who have lovingly cared for them.
Entry Fees will remain the unchanged for 2019 at $20 for car & driver, with Adults $5 & Children free.
Many attractions will be available to entertain, plus food, good coffee, refreshments & memorabilia on sale.
Torquay Rotary are committed to maintaining the 2019 event as “Show for the whole family” with, Beach for the kids, the Shops for the Ladies and the Cars for the Boys!
This event is a fundraising project of the Rotary Club of Torquay, proudly supported by the RACV and other local traders with proceeds from the event to be used for Local, National and International Rotary Health projects.
Phone:- 0423 620 009
Entry Forms and further details are available on the organiser’s website: www.torquaymotorshow.com.au
The Event is held on the Torquay Foreshore on open space parkland situated on The Esplanade between Zeally Bay Rd and Anderson St. This area is known as Elephant walk which is the home of the monthly Cowrie Market.
On show day the roads around the site become very congested. In 2018 we have developed a Traffic Management Plan. Between 7.00 – 10.00am The Esplanade will be closed between Beach Road at the north and Zeally Bay Rd at the South. So please read the instructions below carefully to ensure smooth entry to the site.
• Entrants will ONLY be able to access the site by travelling south along The Esplanade.
• There will be NO entry from Zeally Bay Road nor from the South on The Esplanade
• Upon presentation of your event Entry Form the marshals will permit you to pass the Road Closure
• You will proceed and turn left into the Show site where you will be instructed to form into 2 lines to pay your entry fee and receive wrist bands.
• Marshalls will then direct you where to park. If you wish to park with other vehicles as a group then you will need to follow the very specific instructions below.
• There is no designated Spectator Parking area so you will need to find street parking.
• There is parking available in Zeally Bay Road beside Taylor Park and in the central shopping precinct of Torquay.
• Please be sure to obey all parking rules as By-Laws officers’ patrol at all major events in Torquay.
• There are 3 Spectator Entrances situated
– a. opposite Zeally Bay Rd.
– b. opposite Gilbert St.
– c. opposite Anderson St.
For those car clubs attending the event and intending to park together the following steps should be followed
• Notify us during the week prior to the event of your groups intended participation in our show and the number of vehicles in the group to assist us with our planning.
• Have your group rendezvous somewhere close by to form your group ie –
a Surfcoast Shire Office carpark (first set of traffic lights entering Torquay)
b Bunnings carpark (first set of traffic lights entering Torquay)
c Open space carpark on the Esplanade between Darian & Cowrie Rds
• Your group should arrive between 8.30am and no later than 9.30am.
• The lead car driver should know how many cars are in the group – and the details of the last car (colour – model)
• Travel towards the event site heading south along the Esplanade.
• As you pass the Road Closure manned traffic point – first car to advise the club marshall of the group details.
• Marshalls will keep the group together as far as is practical and direct all to the same area.
• At the gates – let the gate staff know that you are a group.
Staff in the driveways and parking areas will attempt to keep the entire group together taking into account the available spaces and traffic volumes at the time. If for some reason you are split up – please note that once the peak traffic time has passed it we will endeavour to move vehicles to regroup taking into account other vehicles, space and of course the pedestrians.
However NO guarantee can be made that this will be possible. Under no circumstances may cars park in the driveway to regroup – there are hundreds of vehicles moving in the opening hours and traffic delays will impact the entire event and external roads
This process has worked successfully for many clubs in previous years and it is important to note that at peak traffic times the Traffic Controller’s primary objective is to keep the roads and access points moving and clear.
This MAY result in some splitting up of groups on first admission – if you assist us with these simple guidelines we will work to ensure that everyone has a great event. If your club wishes to erect a small tent or picnic space – please do not set up until the parking area you are in is full and then make sure that you leave space for other patrons to move around freely to view your cars and others .